How Much Are Your Eggs?
Questions to ask in regards to poultry:
1. What are they fed (is it commercial feed, all natural, organic)
2. Are they free range (do they have access to green grass, bugs, dirt, and sunshine)
3. Explain free range (is it a pen that is outside or are they allowed to roam free)
4. How do you handle the eggs produced ( how soon are they gathered, washed, and how are they stored)
5. Are the eggs labeled with the producers information (name, address, phone number, and the date the eggs were packaged)
6. Does the producer have the appropriate licensing required by the state of operation
7. What type of housing do the chickens live in
8. What kind of chickens do you have
9. Is there a rooster in your flock (some people do not want fertilized eggs)
10. Are any chemicals used on the farm where the eggs are produced
11. Ask to tour the farm (I would love to give our customers a tour of where their eggs, pork, beef, milk and chicken is raised) Most farmers would be proud to show you their farming operation. If they are not willing to do a tour you might ask yourself why?
|Meet your farmer!|
Nebraska Prairie Girl