Where oh, where did the Nebraska Prairie Girl Go?

I am right here!!  Believe it or not I am still here. (imagine me jumping up and down waving!)  Many things have changed  since my last post in July of 2011, and changes would happen for anyone over five months time.  

As I have mentioned in prior postings,  we run a Camp here on the farm for kids with special needs during the summer.   It is called Camp Grace and runs from May - September, one day a month.   Once Camp Grace is going for the summer  a lot of my time is spent organizing and running the camp.  For more information go to Camp Grace's blog spot at campgrace.blogspot.com


Kayleigh at 2 months
At the height of the craziest part of the summer when the kids had just gone back to school and I was working on Camp Grace's final camp activity, our big Barn Dance BBQ,  I got a phone call asking if I would be interested in taking a 1 1/2 month old baby.   (yes, a human baby)  I think in my profile I have mentioned that I was the mother of six children, four of whom are adopted.    Well,  Kayleigh is the baby sister of the four children we had already adopted.   Any of you that know me personally would be surprised to know that my husband and I gave adding an addition to our family very seriously.  Usually,  I would usually jump at the opportunity to take in another child.  But I am not a spring chicken anymore nor am I a stewing hen either.   I was not worried if I could physically take care of her because that is not an issue.   I was worried about my age in, lets say, 15-20 years from now.     Well,  she has become the best part of my days and nights.  The whole family is just head over heels in love.    Kayleigh is a good baby who now, at five months, sleeps through the night and takes a long nap during the day.  If someone would have told me a year ago that I would be a mother to another infant,  I would have said," You're crazy!!!!

4 months
 For those of you wondering why I quit posting, I am here to tell you it is Kayleigh's fault.   A new baby in the house is so much fun that I just have not found the  time to blog.   Now that she is taking nice long naps everyday I hope to get back to blogging.   My mind has been so full of diaper changes, feeding times, play times, snuggle times (a lot of snuggle times) etc, etc,   I have not had time to think about blogging, Well, actually that is not true, once in a while I think to myself that would be a good subject for a blog.     

Here is to being back in the saddle and back to blogging!

Nebraska Prairie Girl

Comments

Popular Posts