|Tall critter warmer|
55 gallon metal drum
a laser cutter or another way to cut the metal drum
Once you are done cutting the door way and the hole in the top you are ready to put the heat bulb through the hole in the top and screw it into the heat lamp. Voila, you are done.
- Make doorway only big enough for baby goats to get in and out.
- Allow no more than 4 baby goats access to the heater (otherwise you risk suffocation)
- Shorter drums for really cold temps
- Taller drums for milder weather
- Wean your critters from the heaters (do not make them go cold turkey, literally)
- Secure all electrical wire (we staple ours up and out of the way from critters)
PS. As I write this the temp. outside is 68 degrees and there is not much use for a warmer. However, I know that we will get cold temps. and snow for a couple months yet.